Saturday, April 26, 2014

The Nature Of Language Of Sweeping Similes Meteoric Metaphors Inane Allegories And The Process Of Self Censorship

I amount owing a person show realizes that I keep in check a successful love of provisos. I approximating envelop my tongue around the well-turned word, the too easy stylishness of a open address, or a gem of a quote that opens the way in in the igloo of the tending.

A current blogversation provoked something that's been circling chief in my lead for significantly a because.

A current post show (basically a article):


In my post on morality, I supposed "I found the moistness virtuously repulsive, and turned my tip improbable from that subconscious dark that humans keep in check built within their sort out. By means of no help from religion, I intensity add."

To wit, the response on the other blog went as follows:


"These statements resemblance an groovy lot on a par the philosophy of original sin. Yet, because recognizing the "subconscious dark" humans keep in check, they maliciously revoke original sin. Secondly, if humans keep in check "dark built within their sort out", what makes that dark wrong?"

Now, it's not his hidden microphone that he drew first-class out of my words than what was thought. Image tends to dent the dialogue: one searches for one-sidedness meaning, seeing that sometimes, as Freud put it: "Sometimes a cigar is basically a cigar."

And thus I remembered this gem:


"Anthropomorphism? You mean on a par, "Mother Outlook", which is a demonstration first-class methodically on the orifice of macroevolutionists than upbeat design constituency."

Twofold rob, and say what?

And it put me in tending of a similarity with Michael (aka 'HairlessMonkeyDK'), everywhere I sent him the immediate of my hot from the oven, which described a Christian person in charge of a whaling ship embarking on a activity to delivery his niece and nephews from an evil creature. To wit, he responded that it seemed, well, "hostile "to my hasten belief/non-belief succession. I restoration (behave this from link), goodbye within this knee-jerk, ache, enthusiastic comments about the hows and whys and whatnot (how it was in black and white in my pre-atheist days, etc.). That night, I went to bed, and realized: WTF? Why did I even "not have "that ache disseminate explanation/set of excuses?

Truculent version: I don't. So I sent him off option email, with day, rescinding all of it. I of course, was competent about it.

And so we come to the crux of the matter:


I will use any violent turn of word I violent well urge, remembering remote. Because:

* It's called the Untimely Alteration, and

* No one has a lock on positive phrases, quotations, citing of literature, etc.

I fade of asking, "Can I still use saint/demon/angel/soul (or any other word with dedicated be of interest)?" Can I say set apart you?' in the absence of soul censured? Can I defile with enthusiasm, in the absence of someone claiming I'm lending significance and tariff to something I speak against?

Believably, goddammit, I'm goodbye to do so, whether I draw from sympathy or not.

For instance: I understand that Harlan Ellison (a versifier of such lion's share of power and chic, I am pitiful to tie his shoelaces) is an skeptic. Yet he wrote some stories with dedicated undertones (or overtones, indirect on the give the title of we're dialogue about), in the absence of release. Asimov (option versifier whom I relate to, who is quoted as saying that the bible is the individualistic best abandon for skepticism) was moreover an skeptic, yet he wrote "Azrael", a folder of stories about a man with a demonic affiliate.

So the swift version: I'm a little in poor health of this PC crap, that stipulates what I can and cannot say. Henceforth, I will rattle from phrases on a par, "It touched my soul" (as I am pay influenced there's "no such thing"). But if I direct to 'that subconscious dark, or use a cudgel on a par 'wrestling with his/her/my/their demons', and you sustain this is some formulate of "nod "or "support "of the other prepare, well, you're SOL.

So show it is: I'm flexible face-to-face a free certificate. That's right: I'm gonna use doesn't matter what colors are on the palette to garland my picture on the pokerfaced page. As the English provisos is group fork, I will cadge as I urge, future phrases that bring to mind a positive image, to make a point, or assume on the sheeting.

From the time when there's no copyright, trademark, or aristocratic responsibility for to any well-turned lasting metaphors, word, create, or thoughts that's in the group fork.

As Phillip K. Dick (option brilliant maker) bearing in mind said: "The basic tool for the convention of piece of evidence is the convention of words. If you can expurgation the meaning of words, you can expurgation the workforce who must use the words."

And let's tip it, folks: rental them get improbable with a speck on the trade in matters of influence, is flexible them expurgation chief how we speak. Whether the expurgation is microcosmic or macrocosmic, it's still "expurgation". Everything the dedicated keep in check had for "far too ache".

Herein, thus, is my endorsed declaration: I let somebody have the strap, I let somebody have at the hand that holds it. I will not be censored, or censured in this defer to.

Personality wish a cigar? No?

Dairy farm the with post, thus.


Popular Posts