Monday, October 31, 2011

Snake Charmer

Snake Charmer
Today's draw from BOOK OF THOTH is The Universe.

Now I have absolutely no idea why this image is of a woman with spirally hair, flying through space wrestling a giant snake. Of course I know the traditional meanings of the World card (or in this deck The Universe). But what the images in this card have to do with them I am not entirely sure.

The card signifies wholeness and contentment, completion, oneness with the All. In an actual reading, no doubt the curious elements would act as a trigger to the intuition, regardless of what Crowley might have meant by them. That's the magic of tarot. When a reader makes a sincere petition to the universe for connection to the client's life and needs, that insight comes in a flash from the most unexpected details of a card. Happens over and over.

I'm going to keep blogging with this deck next week, because there is so much here for me to explore. Some days my musings may be deeper or more detailed than others. When the Lon Milo DuQuette book arrives, I will also be sharing ideas from it.

I hope everyone keeps safe and well during the snow storm this weekend. :)

Source: modern-wiccan.blogspot.com

Popular Posts