Friday, June 25, 2010

Rituals

Rituals
What are rituals? Regarding Wicca it means, "The prescribed procedure for conducting religious ceremonies." What I am concerned with some rituals even a religious on, it means, "Stereotyped behavior." By any means I do not want to type cast my life. I a free spirit and do not want to be tied down to anything. I do want to practice Wicca because of what I have read of it so far it has enlightened my life more than anytime of my life.

I have read a little of the rituals of Wicca. So far they have excited my imagination in doing them. Right now I do not have a private place to make Holy and private to do any of these rituals. Until I can figure out how to do these rituals I will have to do mental rituals, and have my own soul as the means of a Holy place. This might be a very good thing. After all before we can truly do any religious ritual, we first must have the right mentalities in order to do them properly.

When I have a place of myself, I have thought about having an alter outside. During the cold weather, I will have it indoors because I want to do every ritual in the nude. I am very opened to the human body. I respect it very much. How better way to represent my life and soul to a God or Goddess by presenting something so special in my life. When I one day have a family, I will teach them my solitary Wiccan ways.

I would surely have a Book of Shadows, even if I never get married and have children. I am surely will have Wiccan friends that I would love to share my Wiccan ways with. Even with no one, I personally cannot remember everything that I would present in many of my rituals. Since I am a writer and very verbal, I know for certain that I will have a lot to write in my Book of Shadows. As far as sharing my Book of Shadows with others online, I do not know yet. To even think of doing so will be to enlighten other in the Wiccan ways. As always it is up to each and everyone of us to believe and live our own lives.

Spite what rituals I will use, it is important for me to say this: "Ritual without reality is meaningless." As I just stated, we need to have the right mental attitude before we can have any ritual. When putting on a pair of pants, why do some use the right foot first? Some rituals we go through might be eating habits. Just about everything we do has a ritual. When it comes to our faith, we should make sure that we do it for the benefit of it. Just drawing a circle and burning candles is nothing without the purpose and meaning.

When I develop my rituals for my faith under Wicca religion, I will be very precise and meaningful. The main thing in every ritual for me will be doing them completely in my birthday suite. If my body is holy and respectable, then I should present my body that way to the God or Goddess that I am doing the ritual for. Again all faith is between believer and the Deity that is being worshiped. Before one can do any ritual, one has to know a good deal about the one they are worshiping, yes?

It is also very important that we have a mature relationship of ourselves. How can we worship someone when we do not know about ourselves? When we do not love ourselves we cannot love others. Worshiping has everything to do with love. Before we can truly love another, we have to love ourselves. It is that love we can relate and reflect on loving others. If we are miserable, how can we succeed in anything? Even in our daily ritual or even our religious ones, we cannot truly fulfill them.

That is why I am concerned with doing any religious ritual. It is how I think that makes a difference. I can easily draw a holy circle in my mind, and the other things that are needed to present my love for the God or Goddess that I am performing the ritual to. In the Church Age Dispensation, there are no physical ritual other then the Communion Service. Other then that, Christians are commanded to be Living Sacrifices. To be honest, I do not truly know what that means. The religious rituals, like Wicca, are new to me.The purpose of this blog is to show how bad Christianity is turning out to be.

Reference: spellscasting.blogspot.com

Popular Posts