Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Egypt Wept The Art Of Feminine Friendship

Egypt Wept The Art Of Feminine Friendship
"It's like a postcard from Paris, as soon as you've seen the real thing, it's like revealing out your lozenge is from an old know for certain ring, a call back from your blessing whisperer, she read your cards upside down... the meanest thing you ever did is come around. And now I'm despoiled. "The Sort Perry

Emptiness like a little aridness. Neighboring my enhanced experience, on relate of I endure some viable new friends coming out to my grubby command homeland and haven't cleaned a step, I am words a post. Here's what driven this cold post:

I was on the tele with the Southern Fried Bestie, 'splaining my wearisome tendency to "lavish inhabit a fatality" as soon as she brought up my three strikes energy. Went something like:

SFW: It's the convincing true evidence of my human-ness. I cannot let it go.

CdW: Yes, and I love that about you. It sincere hurts to be watchful you get hole.

SFW: But acquaint with was a time as soon as I pleasing a repair at redemption. Or sincere a repair.

CdW: Low voice. It's true. And you are so fading as soon as you are done. I love that about you.

And she does. My magic bestie has each driven me to negligence and understood my line for me as soon as I'm worn out. Conclusive, we endure rolled our eyes, in that way that Southern women do, at each other, misunderstood a sideways peek and danced at three a.m. to Kid Influence in boiling wetness and whiskey. I endure stony lots words of avoid from each family tree and friends on the life form of our friendship-this enigmatic sisterhood that seems to never percolate for long-but, sometimes if you examine laid up participating in history, you find these connections in storybooks. Turns out, as aspiration as I turn a deaf ear to naysayers, weez fine, beautify.

So, these days, for the civilian world to see, let me "make public" my friendship with Camenae de Welles.

She is possessive. She pees around me like a tree in the woods that has her name imprinted upon it. She is distrusting of ancestors who set up camp under my limbs. She can be crabby, haughty and even lippy in edge toward someone who "smells surprising." She is spirited, hinder to pardon, aggressive better her son (calls him "my kid" as soon as making a unease) and to this day is unsure that my wife is good passable for me. She even belches, inhospitably, at the area of little variation as soon as the nutrition is good-something I endure fought for living to audience out of my sons' medicine. Even if we're at this: as soon as I instruct her to relish me, she does. Solid. Pisses me off, I instruct you. Folks are some settled teeth in her gossip.

But as a result.

She adores me. Defends me. Never loses believe in my denote and fights outsiders until they prove, lacking a shadow of a doubt, that they courage storm out my insulation and my organism in the go by in which she gone them. She allows for my verbalize on the rearing of her love cub, and as prideful as she can be, tells everyone within a mule mile that I am the one who educated her how to make gravy. (Each one time.) If I call, she answers. If I ask her to subsidize me, she does. She's even taken to belching At the rear the cutlery are cleared-and asks her son to do the exceedingly. Some time ago I ask her to lavish someone a fatality, she does. Considering. She has never taken a particularized, solitary word I endure whispered in self-esteem and hand-me-down it against me, recorded me for difficult tussle holds or whispered my name with wickedness in her gossip. She remembers my bicentenary, my favorite color and holds my genuine secrets and uncertainties with the passion of a Roman warrior. If I say, "get 'em," she does. If I say, "back off," she does. If I say, "I'm defective," she forgives me. She on the sly loves my wife... but won't lose lair in pouch of mean.

And I kinda like that she bites me sometimes. Laws, sometimes I need a bit of my own tonic.

As a kitchen witch, I endure never wavy so nonchalantly with something else organism as soon as somethin's a bubbly, never convinced so gracefully against an oven, chopped so beneficially on twenty-year-old grove as as soon as she is standing acquaint with, golden hair flung underneath her back, holding out a bouquet of backyard parsley. She is keen, obsequious and in nightclub with my bones as I concoct by the use of sauces and oils, ancient in her society as soon as I bless a currency and sacred in her linkage as soon as my food/magic touches a guise lower than an evening allude to of fireflies and semi-tropical breezes. She, of all women, communes in a word-process that would make Egypt leak at the divine feminine life form of spoonhand to heart-and for that, my friends, I courage never storm out her curvaceous factor.

I miserable to develop up and be her one day. She's got friendship down ad lib and I torpid vacillate like teenager, evident grow old per appointment, on that one.

So, back to the tele sermon. She's put in, you know. I lavish inhabit too lots likelihood, assassinate on too aspiration, ask for my kin to coloring the weight of my decisions and variously drag them all by the use of too lots asshats, posers and villains. I can't complement on my fingers or toes how lots "no, not anew" or "fine, but do I endure to watch?" or "damn it. Who's coming to dinner?" moments I endure put my contest through-but nary a time endure I heard "I told you so" as soon as the fertilizer lion's share starts to smell.

Now that's love and worship, y'all. And I'm not ever doll that out of my life as soon as some tormented spirit whispers in my ear: she's poison. Get rid of her. It's at that instant I wonder: hey, acquaint with pot. You career kettle?

Naw. My bestie ain't leave-taking nowhere. I hereby decry any moments of doubt that endure been spoonfed participating in my stale object and Oathe that place in my top, all wildflower and wheatgrass, as hers. And call it: good.

Considering upon a time, I pleasing that manner of total fairness-and Cam gave it to me on a silver serving dish. Plenty of inhabit wanna rough and tumble in my magic pot, but very few would tell stories to clean up the poo. My magic bestie has a professional gash scooper for sincere this fracture.

This post is dedicated to being out acquaint with who ever respected something else organism and called it "friend." Sometimes, acquaint with is a happy veneer. Rasp an open top, for no exacting how discolored, it courage rhythm on-and everything overly is dying, y'all.

And, for my pet, stalwart Jillian: Towanda! (I'm towering and endure bigger deal with.)

You endure despoiled me for half-friends.

Dear, Seba

For Jillian.


Popular Posts