Monday, May 21, 2007

Magick Cauldron Swiped From Earthy Create Your Ownbygawoo I Added A New

Magick Cauldron Swiped From Earthy Create Your Ownbygawoo I Added A New Image
swiped from earthy

Create your own! By GA WOO

I added a new pic of me from Zoofari!

I think I look pretty cute!

We got Ryan's school pictures in today-should be putting one of those up soon too. He's getting SO big!

55 books


Don't usually do memes, but this one that I saw at ELFWRECK's journal is actually relevant to my normal journaling, so here is.

5 CHILDREN'S BOOKS (OR SERIES) YOU REMEMBER FONDLY:


1) The "Noddy in Toyland" Series by Enid Blyton. I remember wanting to live in Toyland. It looked so neat and colorful, just the way it should be in real life. Generally speaking, Enid Blyton was one of my favorite authors as a kid. I loved her "Famous Five" and "Secret Seven" books, especially.

2) "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" by Roald Dahl. I found this particular books so fascinating that I finished reading it on my way home from the library, while walking.

3) "Kofiko" by Tamar Borstein Lazar. A famous Israeli series about a monkey who immigrated to Israel and came to live with a typical Israeli family. In every book, he tries a different adventure. He works as a nurse, becomes a school teacher, plays soccer, goes hiking, works as a policeman, etc. It's hilarious.

4) "Kuki Havakuki" by Tova Borstein. Another Israeli series. This time about an adventurous, personified, speaking, parrot.

5) "Six World Fairytales". A translated collection of six fairy tales with beautiful sparkly pictures: Cynderlla, Little Red Riding Hood, Snow White, The Sleeping Beauty, Thumbellina, Goldilocks and the Three Bears.

5 BOOKS YOU WERE REQUIRED TO READ IN SCHOOL:


1) "The Old Testament" by God. okay, this was not exactly for lit class, but was definitely the main book we've worked with in school for 12 years.

2) "Lord of the Flies" by William Golding.

3) "P re Goriot" by Honor de Balzac.

4) "Antigone" by Sophocles. Technically a play, but we've spent 1.5 years talking about it in lit class, so yeah, definitely something I had to read for school. I know the god damned thing by heart, even.

5) "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoevsky.

5 BESTSELLER/POPULAR BOOKS (OR SERIES) THAT YOU LIKE:


1) The "Harry Potter" books by J.K. Rawling.

2) The "Robots/Empire/Foundation Series" by Isaac Asimov.

3) "Bridget Jones's Diary" by Helen Fielding. One of those books that I can read over and over and they still manage to make me laugh.

4) "Stranger in a Strange Land" by Robert Heinlein.

5) "The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy" series by Douglas Adams.

5 BOOKS THAT HAD A GREAT IMPACT ON YOUR LIFE:


Not including Hebrew books here because 99% of you probably would not recognize them. This shortlist would have looked a bit different with them. Also, I have at least 10 more non-Hebrew books that should get into the Big Impact list. Eek.)

1) "Focault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco."

2) My Secret Life by Anonymous. Responsible for much of my sexual educations, as well as a major influence on some of my romantic and sexual decisions as an adult.

3) "The story of San Michele by Axel Munthe".

4) "The Twelve Wild Swans by Starhawk and Hilary Valentine".

5) "The Oxford English Dictionary". Specifically the editions for Hebrew speakers studying English as a second language.

5 BOOKS YOU'RE PLANNING ON READING (OR FINISHING) SOMEDAY WHEN YOU HAVE THE TIME:

1) "Ulysses" by James Joyce.

2) "His Dark Materials by" Philip Pullman

3) "Das Parfum" by Patrick S skind.

4) "Catch-22" by Jospeh Heller. Yes, I know. I *should have* read it. I've been meaning to for years. Yet, somehow, the thought of reading something that's war-related is a major turnoff. I'm Israeli, after all. I have enough of this in my everyday life. When I read, I want to *escape* a bit, you know.

5) "Five Quarters of the Orange" by Joanne Harris. This is a sequel to "Chocolat" and "Blackberry Wine" that I much enjoyed. It should be interesting.

Transforming Reality to Your Liking


Do you ever hit blocks in the road and you're not quite sure how you got there and your not quite sure what to do about it? I've been at one of those places for the past week or so. I've been working on a project, which was sailing along very smoothly, and then bump, I ran []

Suggested e-books:

Geoffrey James - Excerpts From The Enochian Evocation Of Dr John Dee
Aleister Crowley - Snowdrops From A Curate Garden


Tags: candles magic  internet book of shadows  seventh book of moses  simon necronomicon pdf  wiccan magick spells  out of body experience guide  satanic rituals  witch magic  

Popular Posts