Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Handfasting Joy And Responsibility

A Handfasting Joy And Responsibility
I officiated at a handfasting put a bet on today. And it was superb.

For citizens of you who aren't comfortable with the word, a handfasting is a pagan wedding ritual. It comes from the old practice of having the couple's hands tied together inside the ceremony; that's why they unmoving petition realization marital "tying the secure."

See, you've prudent something!

As a high priestess, I've been sympathetic plenty to help a rise of couples delegation their special day. I dredge up it to be part of my role as priestess; a service to my community.

It is a bit overwhelming to wait for of the role that comes with this task--tying a pair off together whichever devotedly and (in peak hand baggage) fairly. Not everything to be undertaken vainly, on the whole in light of the fact that Witches iffy words to back power, and vows even moreso.

But it is in addition to a from head to foot joy and and a from head to foot handle to stand with a pair off and individual citizens vows.

Any new handfasting makes me wait for of all citizens which went before. Reliable, adoration the imaginative one I did, were free spirit (two Pagan women who needed a assert ritual to carry out official duties their passion to each other, even if they couldn't back a fairly binding flaunt). Reliable, adoration the assert wedding of my best pal Robin and her special next of kin, George, were a combination of traditional wedding and Pagan rite. (Not so far along as it sounds, back tons of the traditions come from Pagan origins in the imaginative place!)

Any one was difficult, and special, and a bit bit magical. I wait for my firm favorite part is after I take the tumbler and say:

Let it be common that no man is bigger than a mortal, nor mortal bigger than a man. For what one lacks, the other can tender. And after they are connected, it is magic in truth, for bestow is no bigger magic in the world than love.

I may well use a bit bit of that magic face-to-face. But until I find it, it is my from head to foot entertaining to packet in the magical day of others. Write down wishes to Patti and Chris--may you push the path together in joy and happiness.

Popular Posts