Friday, August 13, 2010

My Imbolc And Dsablt

My Imbolc And Dsablt Image
This year I combined my Imbolc ritual with a D'isabl'ot. A D'isabl'ot is a blessing given in honor of the D'isir; the female ancestral spirits and deities who are the guardians of family and home. I used the ADF-inspired ritual I put together last year, and just put the "bl'ot" part in place of the "Blessing Cup". I didn't have anything written ahead of time for the bl'ot part. I just called to the D'isir, asked for their blessing, made offerings and libations, then asperged from the blessing bowl.

I offered incense and deliciously tangy buttermilk candy. I wonder if anyone has ever done bl'ot with milk besides me?

I used a little table with a shelf underneath for an altar for this, so my br'ideag hid under there till it was time for her to come out.

I hope everyone has been having a blessed holiday! Here is my recipe for Buttermilk Candy:

BUTTERMILK CANDY


"4 cups sugar"

"2 cups buttermilk"

"4 tablespoons unsalted butter"

"1 1/2 cups chopped nuts"

Line an 8 square baking pan with foil, leaving overhang on all sides. Grease the foil. Combine sugar and buttermilk in a heavy saucepan (I used my soup pot), and bring to a boil over meduim-high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer until mixture reaches soft ball stage on a candy thermometer (about 234o F). This will take about 35 to 40 minutes, stirring constantly.

Remove from heat. Add butter, mixing with a wooden spoon until candy begins to thicken, about 5 minutes. Stir in nuts until mixture becomes a little difficult to stir, about 3 minutes. Spread into the prepared pan and let cool completely, at least 2 hours. Using the foil overhang, lift candy from pan and cut into 1 squares. This candy can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.

Filed under: Food, Holidays, spirituality Tagged: D'isabl'ot, folkways, Food, Holidays, Imbolc, spirituality, tradition

Suggested e-books:

Anonymous - Magic And Wyrd
Albert Pike - Morals And Dogma


Tags: magic spells books  most powerful black magic  charmed book of shadows spells  magick spells and rituals  beginner magic spells  grimoire of honorius  images of egyptian gods and goddesses  john david chambers  

Popular Posts