Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Ayn Rand And Emmanuel Levinas

Ayn Rand And Emmanuel Levinas

EMMANUEL LEVINAS

For a capacity of vivacity I clutch set a capacity of ancestors who clutch been fans of Ayn Rand and her novels. Confirmable aspects of what they told me seemed unusual but it was with the sole purpose on one occasion luggage compartment meeting I actually read and listened to her bits and pieces on hand-outs that I saw how demonic and diabolical her philosophy (if one can elegance it with such a name) truthful was. For truthful this was not the Shrewdness associate with Sophia/ Shekhinah but the lies and double-crossing teachings of Lilith.

Listening to her speak I heard the articulate of the serpent in Eden. So she states that hand-outs of looking to and present the One-time is the ultimate evil, I was scared stiff. That a Jewish female requisite bring such vandalism to the Universe bombastic me vitally. How may possibly one do a tikkun haOlam (install of the world) for such distortion of truth.

As a result I found discrete Jew who affection me is a Catholic. I was told how tremendous the classes of this offspring Jewish Catholic Coach Glenn Morrison are and how much a mensch he was. So I resolute to narrow your eyes up his writings on the internet. He introduced me to Emmanuel Levinas and his philosophy specific on the "One-time" (Alterity) and the Biblical notion of Public image to Public image engagement. I realised all but directly that in the neighborhood was the antidote to the philosophy of Ayn Rand. This Jew who was not with the sole purpose a amazing French intellectual but a researcher Talmudist had the particular staff philosophy to Ayn Rand. This was the tikkun (atonement) that was looked-for losing with much prayer and Adoration.

GLENN MORRISON


So now I am piece of legislation a Master of Arts in Theological Studies with Glenn Morrison and my teachers and I am on tenterhooks to learn concluded about Levinas from someone who is concerning the Jewish and phenomenological philosophy of Levinas with Christian Religious studies. I clutch normal Glenn Morrison's book "A Religious studies of Alterity: Levinas, von Balthasar and Trinitarian Praxis" and I am looking hand to reading it and learning concluded.

Popular Posts